구분 : 성지
소재지 : 전남 나주시 산정동 18
전화: 061) 334-2123

나주성당


나주성당은 천주교 박해시대에 나주에서 순교한 이춘화(베드로). 강영원(바오로), 유치성(안드레아), 유문보(바오로) 네 명 순교자들의 신앙을 기리는 경당이 자리한 곳이다. 그중 세명의 순교자는 1871년 나주에 잡혀와 끝까지 신앙을 증거하다 1872년 나주 무학당(진영의 조선군 군사 훈련장) 앞에서 석침과 백지사형으로 순교하였다. 그들이 순교한 장소인 나주 초등학교 정원에는 무학당 주춧돌로 추정되는 10여개의 돌이 130여 년 동안 현장에 보전되어 오다가 2001년 이곳 나주 성당으로 옮겨 그 위에 무학당을 상징하는 구조물로 건립되었다.
나주본당 설립 70주년 (2004년 5월 5일) 기념으로 순교자 기념 경당 건립과 초대 본당신부였던 고 현 하롤드 대주교의 기념관 그리고 까리따스 수녀회의 한국 첫 본원의 복원작업이 이루어졌다.

NAJU PARISH


Information about the Memorial Church of the Naju Martyrs

During the persecution of the Catholic Church , (Peter) Chun-wha Lee, (Paul) Young-won Kang, (Andrew) Chi-song Yu and (Paul) Mun-bo Yu wee martyed at Naju.

This is the place where a shrine has been established to pay tribute to the faith of these four martyrs. In 1871, three of the four martyrs were arrested at Naju. They professed their faith to the end and in 1872 were sentenced to death by crushing with heavy stones and then suffocation with wet, htin, white paper over their faces.

They were martyred in front of the Naju Muhakdang (the site of the Chosen Military training camp). The location of their martyrdom is the garden of the Naju Primary School. Preserved at that location for about 130 years were ten stones presumed to be foundation stones. In 2001 these stones were moved to the Naju church and on top of them a structure symbolizing Muhakdang was built.

The Naju Parish is celebrating the 70th anniversary (May 5, 2004) of its erected a memorial shrine for the martyrs, has restored memorial hall for Archbishop Harold Henry, the first pastor of the parish, and also has restored the first Korean motherhouse Caritas Sister.

나주 순교자 기념 경당

1839년 기해박해 당시 나주에서 순교한 이춘화(베드로, 33세)와 1871년에 나주에 잡혀와 1872년 무학당에서 순교한 세사람, 강영원(바오로, 51세), 유치성(안드레아, 48세) 유문보 (바오로, 60세)의 믿음을 기리기 위해 세워진 경당이다. 경당 입구의 거석은 60톤의 돌로서 순교자들의 석침사를 의미하며, 빈 무덤 형태의 경당 내부 공간은 사방이 막혀 있고 위쪽만 뚫려 있어서, 당시 사면초가의 절박한 상황에서도 천주께만 향하는 마음으로 목숨 바쳐 신앙을 증거했던 그들의 숭고한 정신을 상징적으로 드러낸다.

Memorial Shrine for the Naju Martyrs

This is the shrine, which was constructed to pay tribute to the faith of the martyrs. During the Kihae persecution, (33 year-old Peter) Chun-wha Lee was martyred at Naju in 1839. Three people, (51 year-old Paul) Young-won Kang, (48 year-old Andrew) Chi-song Yu and (60 year-old Paul) Mun-bo Yu, were arrested at Naju in 1871 and were martyred at the Muhakdang in 1872. The huge(60-ton) stone at the entrance of the shrine is a reference to the martyrs' execution by crushing with heavy stones. The inner space of the shrine represents an empty tomb. All sides are closed off; only the ceiling has an opening.
This is a symbol of their lofty spirit byprofessing their faith at the cost of sacrificing their lives. Though they were in an urgent condition of being surrounded by foes on all sides, their only desire was to look up toward the direction of God.

현 하롤드 대주교 기념관

현 하롤드 대주교는 1909년 미국 미네소나타주의 노드필드에서 태어나 1932년 성 골롬반 선교회 소속 사제로 서품되어 1976년 3월 1일 제주에서 선종하기까지 43년간 본당신부와 교구장으로 사목하였다. 광주교구 안에 많은 본당을 설립하고 여러 수도회를 초청하여 교육과 의료, 복지 및 영성 등 다양한 활동을 통해 광주대교구의 기반을 튼튼히 하였다. 특히 일제 말기에 초대 나주 본당의 주임신부로 부임하여 (1935년 ~ 1942년) 선교와 복지, 그리고 해성학교 설립 등으로 지역발전에도 크게 공헌하였다. 그가 살았던 이 건물은 1934년 7월 나주에서는 최초로 세워진 서양식 벽돌건물이다.

Memorial Hall for Archbishop Harold Henry

Archbishop Harold Henry was born at Northfield, Minnesota, U.S.A in 1909. He was ordained a priest as a member of the St. Columban Missionary Society in 1932. After spending forty-three years in pastoral work as a parish priest and an Ordinary, he died in Jeju on March 1, 1976. In the diocese of Gwangju, he established many parishes and invited various Religious Congreations. Through the various activities of education a firm foundation for the Archdiocese of Gwangju. After being appointed(1935~1942) the first pastor of the Naju parish towards the end of the Japanese occupation, th especially contributed greatly to regional development with his missionary work, social work, the founding of Haesong school, ets. In July, 1934 his residence was the very first western-style brick building constructed in Naju.

까리따스 수녀회 한국 첫 본원 (1956년 ~ 1959년)

이곳은 1956년 당시 제5대 광주 교구장이었던 현 하롤드 몬시뇰의 요청으로 한국에 진출한 까리따스 수녀회의 최초의 본원이자 지원원이었다. 한국전쟁 직후 성당의 전교활동과 구호물자 배급으로 신자 수가 비약적으로 늘어났던 이곳에 파견되어 한국 까리따스 수녀회의 씨앗이 된 수녀들은 남북분단 전 일본에서 입회한 한국인들이었다.
이 가옥은 원래 정병교씨 소유여던 것을 1956년 구입하여 개조한 것으로 안채(1934년 건립)는 수도자들이, 행랑채(1933년 건립) 는 지원자들이 사용하였다. 1959년 본원은 광주 학동으로 옮겨졌으며, 한국파견 당시 초기 수도자들의 정신을 되살리기 위해 2004년 5월 원래의 모습으로 복원하였다.

First Korean Motherhouse of the Caritas Sisters(1956~1959)

With the invitation of Monsignor Harold Henry, at that time the 5th Ordinary of the Gwangju Apstolic Prefecture, the Caritas Sisters first entered Korea in 1956. These buildings are their very first Motherhouse and Residence for Aspirants. Right after the Korean War, there was a dramatic increase of believers due to the missionary activities of the Church and the distribution of relief supplies. It was to this area that these pioneers, who were the seeds of the Korean Caritas Sisters, were first sent. These Sisters were actually Koreans who entered the Caritas Sisters in Japan before the division of the country into north and south.
These buildings, which were originally owned by Mr.Pyeong-gyo Cheong, were purchased in 1956 and remodeled. The main house (built in 1934) was used for the religious, and the gatehouse (built in 1933) was used for the aspirants. In 1959 the Motherhouse was moved to Hakdong. In order to revive the spirit of the pioneer religious, these buildings were restored to their original state in May of 2004.



행사가 없습니다.
교구간행물
수험생과 가족이 함께
바치는 365일 기도

오늘의 행사
교구 사제단
성당/공소
매일미사
신앙상담
기도나눔